Re: What is the difference between informatica 8.x and 9x?
1. Informatica 9 supports data integration for the cloud as well as on premise. You can integrate the data in cloud applications, as well as run Informatica 9 on cloud infrastructure.
2. Informatica analyst is a new tool available in Informatica 9.
3. There is architectural difference in Informatica 9 compared to previous version.
4. Browser based tool for business analyst is a new feature.
5. Data steward is a new feature.
6. Allows unified administration with a new admin console that enables you to manage power center and power exchange from the same console.
7. Powerful new capabilities for data quality.
8. Single admin console for data quality, power center, power exchange and data services.
9. In Informatica 9, Informatica data quality (IDQ) has been further integrated with the Informatica Platform and performance, manageability and re-usability have all been significantly enhanced.
10. The mappings rules are shared between the browser based tool for analysts and the eclipse based development leveraging unified metadata underneath.
11. The data services capabilities in Informatica 9 , both over sql and web services ,can be used for real time dash boarding.
12. Informatica data quality provides world wide address validation support with integrated geocoding.
13. The ability to define rules and view and run profiles is available in both the Informatica developer (Thick client) and Informatica analyst (browser based tool-Thin client).these tools sit on a unified metadata infrastructure. Both tools incorporate security features like authentication and authorization ensuring..
14. The developer tool is now eclipse based and supports both data integration and data quality for enhanced productivity. It provides browser based tool for analysts to support the types of tasks they engage in, such as profiling data, specifying and validating rules & monitoring data quality.
15. There will a velocity methodology. Soon it’s going to introduce on I9.
16. Informatica has the capability to pull data from IMS, DB2 on series and series and from other several other legacy systems (Mainframe) environment like VSAM, Datacom, and IDMS etc.
17. There are separate tools available for different roles. The Mapping architect for Vision tool is designed for architects and developers to create templates for common data integration patterns saving developer’s tremendous amount of time.
18. Informatica 9 does not include ESB infrastructure.
19. Informatica supports open interfaces such as web services and can integrate with other tools that support these as well including BPM tool.
20. Informatica 9 complements existing BI architectures by providing immediate access to data through data virtualization, which can supplement the data in existing data warehouse and operational data store.
21. Informatica 9 supports profiling of Mainframe data. Leveraging the Informatica platform’s connectivity to Mainframe sources.
22. Informatica 9 will continue support feature of running the same workflow simultaneously.
23. Eclipse based environment is build for developers.
24. Browser based tool is a fully functional interface for business analysts.
25. Dashboards are designed for business executives.
26. There are 3 interfaces through which these capabilities can be accessed. Analyst tool is a browsed tool for analyst and stewards. Developers can use the eclipse based developer tool. Line of business managers can view data quality scorecards.