Quantcast

Informatica File reader

vinod.raina
Hi All,

This is my first post. I am mainly a Pl sql developer and trying to learn informatca. My question is that if in a connected lookup i have a file which comes with auto append employees id 000210,00211 etc.  The other source is a relational table which has employee_id field with 210, 211 format ie no append of 0. so how will i put a condition inside the lookup.

I thought of using Rtrim for the flat file for employee id but lookup does not allow to perform any operation .

 Employees==>SQ==lookup[flat file(emp_id = emplyees.emp_id) ] ==> Target

Please let me know how to achieve this

regards
-vinod

Re: Informatica File reader

Nitish
Please use Number as field datatype for employee id column in Lookup port declaration. It will automatically convert data to number by eliminating 0. Thanks!

Nitish